Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Back Blogging


Yes, it’s been a while since I have time to blog. My duties as President of the Faculty Association have taken up more of my time than I predicted. I’ll try to do better with my blogging. It not like there isn’t lots of macro news out there.

In the meantime for you blog addicts out there here is a suggestion for keeping up with the economics blogs. Scroll through the leading economics blog aggregator in order to instantly find out the hot topics in macro or micro land. Economics Roundtable aggregates (you should know that word) a large number of the leading econ blogs. By perusing the roundtable you can keep up with the world of econ blogs. The Economics Roundtable site is maintained by Professor Bill Parke of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

The Aplia site maintains an excellent blog, but with a greater emphasis on micro issues:
http://econblog.aplia.com/

Extra Credit: Find a blog entry on the Aplia blog that relates to macroeconomics, rather than micro. Identify the entry and briefly explain why you think the entry deals with a macro issue. If you are the first student to send me an e-mail (kwoodward@saddleback.edu) with the answer, you will be rewarded with two extra credit Discussion Board points. If you answer the Discussion Questions from the macro entry on Aplia, I will give you one point of Discussion Board extra credit for each question that you answer correctly.

No comments: